With more options—and more savings—than ever, it's a great time to buy or lease a new EV.
EVs ARE AFFORDABLE
Applicable incentives and long-term savings help EV drivers keep their overall costs low.
- Check out available rebates or incentives to reduce the costs of buying or leasing a qualifying EV.
- Offset the costs of powering your EV with charging station incentives or local utility electricity discounts.
- Choose a Battery Electric Vehicle to completely eliminate gas costs, as well as the need for maintenance such as oil changes.
EVs TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
With a longer range than ever before and more charging options, EVs offer freedom and flexibility.
- Vehicle range reaches beyond 300 miles on several EV models.
- Charging accessibility is constantly improving, with multiple networks available in California alone.
- EVs may also qualify for HOV lane access, making travel in congested areas more convenient.
Whether you want a family car that keeps fuel costs low, a high-performance sports car, or the thrill of a motorcycle, there's an EV for you. Check our list of eligible vehicles to find your next car, truck, SUV, or motorcycle.
Electric motors react quickly, delivering plenty of acceleration the moment you need it. That’s helpful when pulling onto a freeway, passing another vehicle, or taking off from a stoplight. No wonder electric vehicles are so much fun to drive.
You’d be surprised at how nice it is to drive a vehicle that doesn’t go “vroom.” Many EV owners find their daily commute to be less stressful.
If you live near a busy roadway, wouldn’t you prefer it if every vehicle on the road made little or no noise?
Plug-in Hybrid (PHEV) vehicles have reduced tailpipe emissions. Battery Electric (BEV) vehicles have none at all. With more of them on our streets, we’ll have a reduction in pollution and smog. That will have significant health benefits, particularly in denser and environmentally disadvantaged parts of our state.
Even if you charge an EV with electricity generated by fossil fuels, it releases fewer greenhouse gasses into the environment. That reduces our reliance on petroleum products because it uses this energy so efficiently. As more renewable energy sources become available, total EV emissions will approach zero.
Want to do your part to help our environment? Read about our goals for the future and check out what your local California communities are doing to contribute.
HOV Lane Access
Because California wants more electric vehicles on our roads, the state encourages their purchase by offering free access for some EVs to carpool lanes, regardless of the number of occupants.
Learn more about HOV stickers, eligible vehicles and application instructions.
Easy to Maintain
Electric motors are a time-tested technology with few moving parts. That means an EV’s powertrain generally requires little maintenance, is highly efficient, and doesn’t require an oil change.